What Children’s Advocacy Center does:
• Create a safe place for a child to disclose abuse.
• Coordinate with partner agencies so child does not repeat or relive trauma.
• Provide individual, family and group counseling sessions to child victims and their non-offending family members who have suffered as a result of sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect and domestic violence.
• Conduct forensic videotaped interviews only once to obtain details of the alleged abuse.
• Review cases for potential prosecution of the alleged perpetrators, resulting in justice meted out when merited.
• Facilitate the completion of client victim compensation applications and referrals to other needed services.
• Provide community presentations and training on topics focusing on child abuse.